This Petra two day tour will offer the ultimate experience in ‘the lost city of Petra’, comprehensively guiding you through its fascinating and tumultuous past. Leaving Eilat, you’ll cross into Jordan and head north to Petra where you’ll enter with a short horse ride. Following this, you’ll be guided through this UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, along the way understanding how Petra became a hub of international trade some 2,000 years ago. You’ll experience local cuisine, and stay overnight in Petra. On day two, there will be more time to explore Petra, before heading south through Wadi Rum, to Aqaba where you’ll return into Israel.
This tour will continue to operate on 2016 with no need to pre-arrange a Jordanian visa
Petra Tour Highlights
- Collection from your hotel in Eilat, transfer to the border, and transfer to Petra.
- Experience a guided tour of the ‘lost city of Petra’ and comprehensively explore the city, one of the Seven Wonders of the World including the Siq, Obelisk Tomb, Calligraphy, Treasury, Jabal Madbach (sacrificial palace), Tombs, Theater, Mountaintop Tombs
- Eat lunch at authentic local restaurant
- Stay overnight in a 3-star hotel in Petra (upgrade to a 4-star hotel available at extra cost)
- Enjoy free time at Petra
- Return to Eilat passing through Wadi Rum
- Stop at Aqaba and visit its markets (time permitting)
- Day 1 – 07:15 – Pick up your Eilat accommodation
- Day 1 – 08:00 – Border crossing into Jordan
- Day 1 – 09:00 – Drive through desert
- Day 1 – 11:30 – Guided tour of Petra, short horse ride
- Day 1 – 15:30 – Lunch at local restaurant
- Day 1 – 16:30 – Transported to local hotel in Petra and free evening
- Day 2 – 08:00 – Breakfast in hotel
- Day 2 – 16:30 – Return to Aqaba, drive through Wadi Rum
- Day 2 – 18:00 – Visit Aqaba and its markets
- Day 2 – 19:30 – Return to Eilat
NB – all times are approximate
- Price includes: transportation to all sites from Eilat, entrance fees, lunch, overnight accommodation, breakfast on day 2
- Single supplement of $38 is applied to individual bookers
- Price excludes: border fees (US$65 aprox paid in cash at the border), Jordanian visa fee of $60 for those who have not pre-arranged a visa.
- Single travelers will pay a $38 single supplement fee for stay in hotel
- Pickup from any hotel in Eilat
- Tour language is English every day.
- Russian guide is available without charge on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. On other days, Russian guide is available for an $80 surcharge (one per reservation)
- Spanish or French guide is available daily for $80 per guide.