Sandboarding is one of those iconic desert experiences which remains with you forever. Israel’s Negev Desert is largely a rock desert, however one area contains sweeping sand dunes and it is here that sandboarding allows you to glide down the dunes and experience the thrill of this amazing activity. Suitable for kids and adults, with toboggan-like boards available for kids, and proper sandboards for adults, this is a great experience for all ages.
You’ll head to the top of a sand dune and gaze down across the surrounding desert and the slope that stands in front of you. Half stand lay down or sit down, push off, and you’ll experience the thrill of traveling down the dune. It’s a really special and exhilarating experience.
- The location of the best dunes in Israel is between Beer Sheva and Mitzpe Ramon, which is where this activity takes place. The sand is soft and not sticky.
- It’s accessible by bus from Beer Sheva, or a 30 minute drive from Beer Sheva or Mitzpe Ramon
- It can be arranged as an activity for a small family group or larger group, or can be enjoyed as part of a wider jeep tour of the region.
- Sand surfing is suitable for anyone aged over 2 – and is exhilarating for kids and adults alike (kids recieve a medal at the end)
- Relax afterwards with herbal tea in a shaded Bedouin-style area in the quiet of the desert.
- Activity requires you to be able to climb the dunes
terms and conditions