This one day Galilee tour takes you to the rugged, mountainous region of Northern Israel. Home to stunning wildlife and beautiful scenery it is also an area of great interest for pilgrims, who come to discover the important biblical sites that surround the area. Your Galilee tour is led by an experienced and passionate guide.
Nazareth, according to the Gospels was the childhood home of Jesus and where Mary lived. You’ll visit the church of St Joseph which houses the Basilica of the Annunciation, an impressive site where the angel Gabriel informed Marcy she would give birth to Jesus. Nazareth is the largest Arab city in Israel, with a distinct Middle Eastern flavour. Check out the charming local markets located in the winding cobbled streets of the Old City.
The beautiful Sea of Galilee, Israel’s largest freshwater lake, is where Jesus spent much of his ministry and performed some of his best known miracles. You’ll visit the Church of Multiplication, where Jesus fed five thousand people fish and bread. Not far from here you’ll visit Capernaum, home to the apostles and Yardenit, a baptismal site on the Jordan river. Turn the legends of history into a reality on this fascinating and entertaining tour!
“My guide, Itamar, was absolutely fantastic. He’s certainly among the best guides I’ve ever had. Itamar was eloquent, incredibly well-informed about both the (ancient and recent) history and geopolitics of the region, and had a great sense of humor.” -Erik, USA
“The tour was excellent and Daphne is a great guide.” -Florence, France
Galilee Tour Highlights
- Start your day with visiting Nazareth and the most impressive church in the region, the Basilica of the Annunciation,
- You’ll pass the winding streets of Israel’s largest Arab City and have a flavor of the Middle Eastern atmosphere of the charming old town of Nazareth
- Pass the Wedding Church of Cana, where Jesus performed his first miracle of turning water into wine.
- More than a lake, the Sea of Galilee is the life source of the region, and also the source of the sacred Jordan River. You will get some stunning views of the valley on your way to the Church of Multiplication.
- Pass through the city of Tiberias, one of the four holy cities in Judaism
- Stop at Capernaum, home to the Apostles, at the foot of the Mount of Beatitudes
- Visit the Jordan River Baptism site at Yardenit
- Pass Mount Tabor, site of the Transfiguration
- 06:00 – pickup from Jerusalem Hotels
- 07:00 – pickup from Tel Aviv Hotels
- 09:00 – arrive to Nazareth area sites
- 12:00 – arrive to Sea of Galilee area sites
- 14:00 – arrive to River Jordan
- 17:00 – dropoff at Tel Aviv hotels
- 18:00 – dropoff at Jerusalem hotels
NB – all timings for Galilee tour are approximate
- Pickup in one city and dropoff in another is possible. Please indicate when booking
- Pickup is available from all major hotels. To see a map of pickup points, click ‘Book Now’ and enter your date and city