20 Venues |40 Shows |4 Days
+additional cities hosting the Blues Festival
EB Davis and SOBO| Dani Litani with guest Dafna Armoni| Itay Pearl new album premiere| Junior Wells tribute concert| The Blues Messengers in a tribute to the greatest guitar players with guests Ilan Virtzberg, Yehuda Eder| Yair Dalal and the Blues Orient Band| Lost Highway with guest Haim Oliel| Jon Mayall tribute concert with Roy Rieck and friends| Alon Eder and Lior Dayan| Dani Dorchin| Yaron Ben-Ami and Sagol 59| David Peretz and band| The Blues Academy| Micky Shaviv| The Blues Rebels| Gimzo Blues Band| Rosh Pina Blues| Blues Sisters| The Blues Knights| The Nidam Brothers with Alon Oleartchik| Marrakesh Blues in a launch performance | Dov Hammer’s Blues Power| Uzi Ramirez instrumental blues| Shlomo Mizrachi| Itamar Beck and the Receptionists and more…
Tel Aviv’s 5th Blues Festival will take place in November, 2017, across 20 venues scattered around the city. This is the fifth time the festival is held, after the first festival premiered on July 2015 for four days, since then bringing thousands of visitors and collaborations with additional producers.
This year the festival will have a local aroma, with all concerts showcasing local blues, apart from American musician EB Davis accompanied by the SOBO band. The festival will host dozens of blues performances in Hebrew and English by local Israeli artists, collaborations and exclusive festival productions. In addition, the city of Jaffa was added to the festival’s name and will host a variety of shows in its venues.
Tel Aviv’s Blues Festival is a vibrant urban festival, during which dozens of clubs and bars throughout the city break their routine for four days, and get swept into a joyous whirlwind of sounds. The festival is a wonderful opportunity to experience the magic, the beauty and the liberation of the blues.
This year more Israeli cities are hosting the Blues Festival, and several of the festival’s shows will take place on the same weekend in the Elma Arts Complex in Zichron Ya’akov, Ashan Hazman in Be’er Sheva, the Mitzpe Ramon Jazz Club, as well as additional venues in Herzelia and Kiryat On. The festival is produced and managed by Nobody’s Fault Productions company, which has been bringing dozens of blues artists to Israel since 2012 and is producing the blues festival for the 5th time.
- Litani Blues| Einav Culture Center| A unique performance of blues and soul music. Dani Litani with guest Dafna Armoni.
- Guest artist| EB Davis (Chicago) accompanied by SOBO band| the Chicago blues ambassador in a free admission concert at Mike’s Place
- Itay Pearl| Einav Culture Center | Arava Hotel – An early premiere of his new album
- Yair Dalal and the Blues Orient Band – the new Bar Giora| A concert blending ethnic music with elements from blues and jazz music (a second show will take place on the same weekend in Elma, Zichron Ya’akov).
- Alon Eder and Lior Dayan| The new Bar Giora| Alon Eder sings the blues and Lior Dayan tells its stories.
- The Blues Messengers in a tribute to the world’s greatest blues guitarists| Einav Culture Center | Special guests: Ilan Virtzberg and Yehuda Eder.
- Exclusive Blues Festival Productions
- Tribute show to John Mayall’s seminal album The Turning Point| Radio EPGB| Roy Rieck and friends in a tribute to the British godfather of blues.
- Tribute to harmonica legend Junior Wells Hoodoo Man Blues| Container| A tribute in honor of the 20 year anniversary of the passing of Junior Wells, a show dedicated to the songs of Junior Wells featuring the country’s best harmonica players.
- Yaron Ben-Ami and Sagol 59- “Clarksdale, corner of Petach-Tikva”| Tailor Made| A show of classic blues, folk and country songs, translated into Hebrew.
- Eli and the Chocolate Factory| The Zone| Dixieland and Blues, from New Orleans to Chicago
- Hagar Levi| Levontin 7| Nina Simone tribute
Half of the festival events are completely Free, including a guest performance by EB Davis from Chicago, and a variety of shows across the city. Free admission events and wheelchair access events are marked in the printed and digital program, and in our Facebook event.
For the full festival show schedule, visit the festival website: tlvbluesfest.com
Facebook: Tel Aviv Blues Festival
Tickets go on sale within one month, on the festival website.
Festival PR: Yamit Hagar and Maayan Bar-Yoel
For more information: Yamit Hagar 054-2195133